|Former Police Station & Magistrates Court
Images: Old Station | Demolishion | New M&S Store - Old Gardens | New Police Station
Built in 1881 as a combined Police and Magistrates facility at the corner of Deiniol and Garth Roads. The building was demolished in 2005 to make way for the Marks & Spencers (Simply Food) store - phase one of the new Menai Centre.
A new Police Station has since been built adjacent to Bishops Palace by Ainsley Gommon Architects details and images of the new station can also be found on their site.
The Police Station ornamental brickwork has been encorporated into the wall of the new station that seperates the stations car park from the disabled access ramp. The new station was built on gardens opposite the Post Office and adjacent to Bishops Palace (Gwynedd County Council Office). The gardens undertook a small archelogical dig prior to the construction of the station by Gwynedd Archeological Trust. The listed fountain was also moved closer to Deiniol Road from it's more central positon.