Stretching over 1/4 mile across the Menai Straits. Built 1896 by Mr J J Webster of London, contractor Mr Alfred Thorne of London; cost £17,000. It is considered to be the best in Britain of the older type of pier without a large pavilion at the landward end. Damaged by a ship in 1914; closed in 1971, renovated and then reopened in 1988. 1550ft long; the longest surviving in Wales. Largely original steel girders and cast iron columns carrying an extensively rebuilt 24ft wide timber planked deck, kiosks, and pavilions. The pier is entered through ornate wrought iron gates enriched with fleurons and barley twist uprights; square openwork gate piers carrying lanterns. These are flanked by octagonal kiosks with onion domed roofs and Indian style trefoil headed openings; beyond these are similar smaller gates. Cast iron lamp-standards and full length seating to each side of deck. The pier projects at various intervals beyond with polygonal timber kiosks with mostly tent-like roofs. Splayed out at NW end containing 14 sided timber pavilion with 2-stage pyramidal roof. The iron staircase at the end with 6 levels of platforms led to the former floating pontoon

.