277-279 High Street, Bangor, LL57 1UD
Woolworths opened in this purpose built building in 1939 following several years at 297 High Street. Woolworths much like many pound shops today had a fixed rate of 3d and 6d for goods. Woolworths came to the UK in 1909, going into administration 99 years later in December 2008.
The basement of the building was earmarked as an air raid shelter in WWII which was thankfully never tested.
Images were taken in February of the year selected.